"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." --Titus 2:3-5

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ephesians 1

So I didn't write last night...I was disappointed but too tired to do anything about it. I attended a Bible study tonight with some ladies in my neighborhood. We're going through the book of Ephesians, and tonight was our first time together. We went through Ephesians 1, and though I didn't get a chance to answer the questions beforehand, the interaction with the ladies was very helpful. I've read this passage of Scripture many times, and tonight I was glad to have read it again. I needed the reminder that God has saved me...a wretched sinner who didn't deserve anything He has given. Not only has He saved me through the blood of His Son Jesus Christ, but He has sealed me through His Holy Spirit, and nothing can separate me from Him. No, this doesn't give me license to do as I please, but it gives me the freedom to know that even when I do mess up (as I do, daily), my salvation is still secure. I am and always will be His. I was also reminded tonight that I am to be a witness of Christ to my family. I failed miserably today, which is really sad considering I worked today and wasn't around my family much. Emily started her day with a massive tantrum, and instead of showing Christ to my daughter, I had a tantrum too. I also need to be more diligent to pray for my family. Paul prayed for the believers in Ephesus, as he did all of the believers that he ministered to. I don't pray for my children or my husband as I should. Sometimes I forget the power of prayer; other times, I admit, I doubt the power of prayer. I give into sin instead of trusting God's Word. I' m very glad that I went to this Bible study. At first, I really wasn't sure if I wanted to go. I don't really know any of these ladies, but I know that I need to interact with other women...especially Christian women. Those who know me know that I am a bit shy, but I felt right at home tonight. I also need to study God's Word more. I've prayed Sunday after Sunday asking God's forgiveness for not spending time with Him. He's been on the back-burner when He's supposed to be my first priority above everything else. I feel that He's given me this time with these ladies to help restore my fellowship with Him, and I'm so grateful for His amazing mercy and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment