"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." --Titus 2:3-5

Friday, June 18, 2010

Focus on the Positive

Today has been horrible. One of the worst days I've had in a while, and that's saying a lot. But, instead of going into detail on all of the junk, I want to focus on the positives of the day. Emily, as challenging as she may be, is quite funny. I guess all young children say and do things that bring a chuckle, but of course I think these things only happen with my kids. Emily asked me today if she could play with her "secret spies". What?? I was quite confused, and it took some investigation to figure out that she wanted to play with her bubble wand. I guess the picture on the wand of three of the Disney princesses could pass for Charlie's Angels, but still I'm stumped how a bubble wand is a secret spy gadget. Later in the day, I was pushing the girls around the neighborhood in their stroller when Emily kept mumbling about wanting something. Finally she shouted, "I want a blow dandy!" I just chuckled as I searched for the perfect dandelion for her to blow. How clever she is in making up names for things! Even in the midst of the cruddiest days, I can still find reason to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment