"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." --Titus 2:3-5

Thursday, May 27, 2010

One of Those Days

It's been one of those days when I feel like I have been talking to myself most of the day. Like my head could have popped off of my body and floated away, and no one would have noticed. It amazes me sometimes how much my toddler doesn't listen to me. Sometimes I wonder, has she gone deaf? Am I in a deconstruction zone (physics) where she literally can't hear me? Am I really speaking out loud, or is it just in my head? Lots of questions float through my mind as I plead desperately for her to listen. I feel like I ask the same question over and over, but I also answer the same question over and over. She'll ask a question, and if I don't tend to that particular need in the next nanosecond, she asks again. Sometimes I wish I had a repeat button that I could press so that I wouldn't have to say the same thing over and over again. Funny thing is that I'm sure God feels that way about me sometimes. I ask for things over and over again, meanwhile He's telling me to wait a minute. He knows what I've asked, and He's working on it. It may not be the answer I want, but He always answers. Thankfully, He's a lot more patient with me than I am with Emily. I'm so glad for that! I think I've learned so much more about God since I've become a mom. There is so much similarity between the way I relate to my children and the way He relates to me. I'm sure if any other parent is reading this, they're sighing a big, fat "DUH," but I'm new at all this parenting stuff, and sometimes I'm naive enough to think I have an original thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment