"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." --Titus 2:3-5

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Reminiscing

Tonight I finally recorded the events of my pregnancies with my girls. I've wanted to write about them for a while now, and I finally got it done. It always seemed an overwhelming task, but since I didn't write a narrative, it wasn't so bad. I just wanted to get the basics down of the similarities and differences so that when my girls get older they can know what happened (if they even want to know). Plus, my memory isn't as good as I would like it to be, so the documentation is for me as well. I don't want to forget what it was like to be pregnant with them...even the difficulties I faced with both of their labor and deliveries. That's part of their history and the history of what binds us together. Even when I think that I'm doing everything wrong, I'm reminded that I am the only mother they have, and the only true mother that they ever will have. I gave them life...God used me as the vessel to make them from scratch, and I love them more than anyone else in this world. I thought I knew love before I had children, but they have opened my eyes and my heart to what human love can be. I also thought I knew what worry and fear were, but unfortunately, they have opened my eyes to that too! Remembering their beginnings is also helpful on the days when they test my patience to its limit. I am reminded of the blessed joy I felt when I saw them for the first time, and it makes me want to keep them around!

1 comment:

  1. Your mother is enjoying reading your blog and knowing what is on your mind. I know how it feels to love so much and at the same time be so frustrated. I love you.

    ReplyDelete