"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." --Titus 2:3-5

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Room of My Own

Why a blog? I consider this a room of my own: my own personal space that I can decorate any way I choose with no extra stress and no extra expense. A place where I can express myself, journal, scrapbook, and maybe inspire or encourage whoever chooses to read it. Being a wife and mother, I don't really have my own room in our home. I also can't be bothered to journal or scrapbook formally because the thought is overwhelming. My husband thinks I should write a book! Talk about overwhelming! First, I wouldn't know what to write about, and second, who would read it? At least with a blog, anyone can read it or not. If someone feels so compelled to read my insignificant little posts, then I welcome them, but if not, then it'll just be for my health and sanity.

Why Titus 2? This is a passage of Scripture that is near and dear to my heart. It expresses exactly who I'm striving to be as a woman, wife, and mother. I'm nowhere near there yet, nor will I be this side of heaven, but it's something that I pursue everyday (some are much better than others). Verses 3-5 state, "Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." That is who I want to be. It is my heart's desire that I may honor God with the way I live my everyday life. Any of you who know me that are reading this are probably either chuckling or you have a confused look on your face because you know that my life does not measure up to that verse. I know that I'm nowhere near perfect, nor does my life reflect Christ as I would have it, but by the grace of God I keep on truckin'.

So this is my blog...enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea Jennifer!
    Good luck but most of all, have fun doing this!
    Best wishes,
    Chantelle (Carrie's sister in law)

    ReplyDelete