"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." --Titus 2:3-5

Friday, July 29, 2011

Brain Lapse

Dinner last night. Not one of my brightest moments, I hate to admit. I had planned this wonderful dinner of roasted chicken, broccoli with garlic and cranberries, red potatoes with thyme, and whole wheat dinner rolls. I worked hard to plan so that everything would be done around the same time. I roasted the chicken for over an hour and put the dinner rolls (homemade) in the last 20 minutes. The timer went off for me to pull them out of the oven, and that's when I discovered that at some point (early in the baking process) I had accidentally turned the oven off!! The chicken was still raw, and my rolls were still dough! What's a mom to do?? What we are all so good at; I improvised! My poor children ended up with cheese toast to go with their broccoli and potatoes. Thankfully, my husband worked late so I was able to finish roasting the chicken and baking the rolls (which didn't rise). It was definitely not one of my greatest moments! It was quite humbling, actually. Why am I sharing? Because I know I'm not alone in these brain lapses, and only moms can truly appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment