"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." --Titus 2:3-5

Monday, July 25, 2011

What to do with leftover Bolognese!

Our family had a "make your own pizza" night yesterday. Emily had been watching Caillou, and it showed him and one of his friends making their own pizzas. She asked if we could do that, and I thought it was a great idea! I hadn't made pizza dough in a while, so she and Erin helped. I had leftover Bolognese sauce in the fridge and it made a perfect pizza sauce, especially since all we had to top the pizzas with was cheese. Apparently Caillou had topped his with mushrooms. Emily asked if we could go get some from the store, but she was satisfied when I told her no. Something tells me that would have been an absolute waste of money and mushrooms! Anyway, in case you were wondering, I found a perfect pizza dough recipe from Emeril and it couldn't be easier!

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I use unbleached)
1 packet yeast
1 cup warm water
2 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp sugar

I used instant yeast, so it didn't need to proof. I combined everything (except the water) in the bowl of my stand mixer with the dough hook attachment and let it stir for a bit. I added the warm water and let the mixer run until the dough pulled away from the sides of the bowl and climbed up the dough hook. I removed the dough and kneaded it on a floured surface until smooth and elastic. I placed the dough in an oiled bowl, covered it, and let it rise for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size. I turned it out onto my floured surface and cut it in half to make two small pizzas (it would make one nice size pizza), rolled the halves into circles and topped with my sauce and cheese. I baked them in a 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes until they were nicely browned and the cheese was bubbly. Before I put the sauce on the dough, I brushed the dough with EVOO. I read somewhere that it would help the dough from getting soggy from the sauce. The girls had a lot of fun helping make their pizzas, and even my husband (the Papa Johns addict) approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment